I’ve wondered for YEARS what are the best settings for YouTube uploads… Finally I found these tips for best results.
- No Edit Lists (or you may lose AV sync)
- moov atom at the front of the file (Fast Start)
Audio Codec: AAC-LC
- Channels: Stereo or Stereo + 5.1
- Sample rate 96khz or 48 khz
Video Codec: H.264
- Progressive scan (no interlacing)
- High Profile
- 2 consecutive B frames
- Closed GOP. GOP of half the frame rate.
- Variable bitrate. No bitrate limit required, though we offer recommended bit rates below for reference
- Color Space: 4.2.0
Frame rates should match the source material. For example, content shot in 24fps should be encoded and uploaded at 24fps. Content recorded at 30fps should be uploaded at 30fps. Content shot in 720p60, should be uploaded at 720p60. Content at 1080i 60, should be deinterlaced, going from 60 interlaced fields per second to 30 progressive frames per second before uploading.